Security cameras are one of the top technologies used to prevent and document burglaries. The simple fact that you have a visible security camera is often times enough might scare off a would-be intruder.
No criminal wants to be recorded or leave evidence. Security cameras document actual burglaries and give police vital information to help identify and find suspected criminals.
Many homeowners do not think you need security cameras when they are at home, but you’d be surprised just how useful security cameras can be while you are home.
- Cameras allow you to see who is at your front door from any room in your house. This is especially convenient during the middle of the night when you hear a noise or suspect someone may be outside your home.
- Cameras may be used as baby monitors.
- Cameras allow you to monitor family members throughout your home, and helps to monitor those key areas that may be off-limits, like your gun safe, workshop or cleaning supply closet.
- Cameras allow for monitoring an elderly family member by installing cameras in those key areas where they spend the most time. Camera systems even allow you to monitor them from another room, or while you’re away from home.
- Monitor your Nanny or Maid while they work throughout your home to make sure that duties are being performed.
Psychological Impact when you are away.
Surveillance cameras are not simply for catching criminals or burglars in the act – they provide you peace of mind when it comes to your kids, family, and your property by keeping you informed and allowing 24hr access to you see what’s going.
- Catch a criminal, vandals or burglar on recorded video while they try to break in or are in the act.
- Monitor your family pets while you’re away or traveling.
- Get alerts or emails when the kids come home from school.
- Confirm any possible home alarm systems that go off by visibly connecting confirming a break-in or confirming its a false alarm.
- Monitor your nanny or babysitter while you’re away or at work.
- Monitor all suspicious behavior surrounding your home. This includes strangers that may be lingering or scoping out your home.
- Check in on any maintenance crews or construction workers that may be working on your home while you are away.